Class of 2015, Chemistry Major, Concentration in Forensics

I wouldn’t say that I’m the biggest foodie in the world, but I do try and have some variety to what I eat for dinner ever night.  I also like to change up breakfast every once in a while.  I mean who wants to eat the same thing night after night.  I know I don’t!  The good thing is that living on school gives me a variety of foods to eat, and different places to go.

There is: Main dining which is open Monday-Friday 7:30-2:30pm, Warrior Grill, open Monday-Friday 7:30am-10:00pm, The Village Cafe, open 5:00-8:00pm Monday-Sunday for dinner, and open 10:00am-12:30pm Saturday and Sundays for brunch.  There is also Pop’s Convenience store open 10:00am-10:00pm Monday-Thursday and the Cafe in MSR open 7:30-2:30pm Monday-Friday.

I know myself well enough to know I don’t want to cook food every night, but I also don’t want to eat out every night.  The places on campus help make my life easier so I’m not making mac-and-cheese every night or eating pizza all the time.  There needs to be a safe in between, and I think I’ve found it.

Here are a couple things I’ve either made myself or eaten on campus.

A few weeks ago, the Village Cafe had breakfast for dinner, which sounded pretty good since I had been craving pancakes.  My plate consists of pancakes, sausage patties, tater tots, zucchini frittata and some scrambled eggs.  Sorry, I was a little hungry and piled all the food on that day.

Breakfast for Dinner

Breakfast for Dinner

Another night my roommate and I did a joint collaboration on dinner we had spaghetti with garlic bread and a salad.  We had some good times together, and some good eats.

Main Dining has a variety of places to get food, there is Stan’s Grill, Wild Greens, The Zone, Sub Generation, Outtakes, and my favorite place to eat Tres Jalapenos.  One of the regular things I like to eat there is the carne asada fries, which I wouldn’t have known about if I hadn’t seen someone ordering them.  It’s French fries with nacho cheese and carne asada with what ever other toppings you would like such as sour cream, salsa, cilantro, or even guacamole.  Yum, yum, my mouth is watering just thinking about them.

Carne Asada Fries

Carne Asada Fries

I did say I try and avoid eating mac and cheese all the time, but it doesn’t mean I don’t eat it.  I’ll say it, it could be a college students best friend sometimes.  Make some mac and cheese, add a little chicken on the side, and you’ve got a pretty good meal.  August 28, 2012

When it comes down to it all, it just has to balance what you eat, where you eat, and how much you eat.  It is all that matters.  yum food!

Posted by on November 10, 2013 at 9:55 pm and tagged , ,

2 Responses to “I love food!”
  1. 1
      anthonymsilva says:

I’m sitting at work reading this and it’s making me really hungry! The food services on our campus are pretty awesome. I still find myself eating pizza as often as possible though! haha

• 3
        Carrie says:

I was getting hungry while I was writing the blog. I’m glad to be able to try different foods on campus and the variety of places we have to eat on campus.