Class of 2015, Chemistry Major, Concentration in Forensics

As finals are approaching, it means time to go over all of the notes from the entire semester and remember what may have been forgotten, or at least get a little refresher on what you learned.  As I was going through some of my notes I noticed a few things. Doodles!
There was more then one occasion where I guess I wasn’t as interested in a particular lecture and was more interested in drawing in the side margins of my notebook while taking notes.

I thought it was interesting that each page had some of the same drawings and some different ones as well.  I had handful of pages with music notes on them.  I don’t think I am very good with detailed drawings, but something simple like a flower or music notes is easy and fun.

Little alien man

Little alien man

a measure or two of music

a measure or two of music

There was actually a study I remember hearing about a few years ago that said that doodling tends to keep your mind on task. Does that mean the drawings in my margins helped me understand the material better? Maybe, I don’t know. Once finals are over I’ll know whether they hurt me or helped me. I’m definitely hoping for the best.

Do you tend to doodle while listening to lectures?

Posted by on December 8, 2013 at 11:02 pm and tagged ,

4 Responses to “A doodle here, a doodle there”
  1. 1
      Sara says:

At least you have cute doodles! Love your alien man haha!

2. 3
      johncunha says:

I think it helps you remember the content better. It is an associative approach! If I could draw in the slightest I would totally do that

• 5
        Carrie says:

John, these little doodles are the extent of my drawing skills, anything even a little more complicated I wouldn’t be able to do

3. 7
      jongrammatico says:

Sometimes I think I doddle more than I take notes! Whoops. Maybe that will be my New Years Resolution.

But I agree with Sara, your alien is so awesome!